Welcome to Our School
Welcome to PS 152M: The Magnet School of Innovation in a Global Community. We are a magnet school in Washington Heights serving children from age 3 through 5th grade. When you walk through our doors, you are part of our family. Our school has been part of our neighborhood since 1927. As a magnet school, we are now open to students throughout New York City. Our students are tomorrow’s innovators, creative thinkers, and engaged global citizens. Come visit us to see what makes us special!
Innovation in a Global Community
We organized our magnet school around a question: what does it mean to be an innovator in the 21st Century? We want our students to be problem solvers, questioners, and discoverers. Our project-based curriculum encourages students to think globally and act locally, with real-world challenges that show students that they have the power to make an impact. We offer:
- An active, inquiry-based approach to learning centered around STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) within a global context.
- A rigorous, engaging curriculum designed to put students on a path for success in college and the 21st Century workforce.
- A global focus and a welcoming environment that honors the heritages and backgrounds of all students.
- A dedicated, professional staff—many of whom have been here for years or decades.
What is a Magnet School?
We are a magnet school within the New York City DOE. As a magnet school, we are a public school, but we are open to any student within the five boroughs of New York City, not just students in our zone. Our magnet school grant provides additional funding to support special programs, facilities, and partnerships around our magnet theme. Read more about New York City magnet schools.
We work hard to nurture an environment that is safe, supportive, and meets the needs of every child. That means focusing not just on academics but also on the social and emotional needs of our students. Our core values include:
- HOPE for the future through education.
- HONOR for each student’s background, heritage, and abilities.
- RESPECT for ourselves, each other, and our school.
As an NYC Magnet School, we welcome applications from all students within the five boroughs of New York City. First priority is given to students living within our zoned area. Find your attendance zone and district.
- To apply for PreK or Kindergarten enrollment, follow the NYCDOE Kindergarten Enrollment Process.
- For out-of-zone enrollment (grades 1 – 5), visit our office during school hours for a Magnet School application.
We are located in the Washington Heights/Inwood neighborhood in Upper Manhattan. We are easily accessible from the Henry Hudson Parkway or FDR Drive, and just one block away from Broadway and the A and 1 trains.
93 Nagle Ave
New York, NY 10040
PHONE: (212) 567-5456
FAX: (212) 942-6319
Schedule a Tour
The best way to get to know us is to come and see us! We invite you to join us at a scheduled open house or call us to set up a personal tour. Contact Mr. Velez for more information.