Message from Principal
Dear PS 152M Family,
On November 29, you probably already heard, the Mayor and the Chancellor announced that NYC Students in grades 3K- through 5, will return to in-person blended learning starting on Monday, Dec 7, 2020. Below, a summary of the information that I received thus far:
- In-person Instruction in the building using the blended A/B schedule will begin on Mon, Dec. 7
- The DOE will provide further guidance on what group will start the A/B rotation (this information will be shared as soon as I get it)
- These return dates apply to all students in blended learning, including those who selected blended learning during the recent opt-in period
- Students who selected remote-only instruction will remain in remote only
- Random testing will be increased.
- All schools will have 20% of students and staff tested on a weekly basis
- All students MUST have new updated Testing Consent forms completed and on file no later than Dec 7 or their first day back in the building for in-person learning
- Families can submit consent using NYCSA
- If a student arrives on their first day of in-person without a consent form in hand or submitted online, the school must call their parent or guardian that day to collect consent immediately.
- Note: Even if parents previously provided consent, they are being asked to submit it again using the updated form
- Students who need a medical exemption (available for all students) or disability-based exemption (available for students with IEPs) will be able to submit separate forms for approval.
- Principals will receive more information this week for distribution to families
- Students without consent and who do not have medical exemption or disability-based exemption will be moved to fully remote instruction
- Staff and students are to continue to complete the health questionnaire daily to enter the building
- Students and staff who have recently traveled outside of New York to a place on the State’s travel advisory list must quarantine for 14 days or test out of the 14-day quarantine based on the State’s guidance.
As, I receive more information, I will make it available to you.
Julia Pietri, Principal